Thursday, August 4, 2011

Preparing for Homeschooling

As most of you know I will be homeschooling SK this Fall for Pre-K4. My mom helped me find the resources I needed and we put together an amazing board I will use each week. I found this idea on another mom's Homeschooling blog. I like it because it does not take up too much room as we will be using our dining room for a classroom. I am looking into getting her a little desk to use as well. I hope my enthusiasm lasts throughout the school year. We will have a theme each week, a letter, number, color or shape, Bible Verse, Bible Character, patterns, calendar time, clock time, Word of the week, and we will focus on her personal information. We will also be making lots of crafts!!! We actually found most of these items at the Dollar Store. It is amazing how many teacher supplies they have there. I also created binders with folders in them for each subject. I think SK is excited and I think she will really excel by being able to move at her own pace. I just have to make sure I keep it all on the Pre-K level. I will keep you posted on how it goes! By the way, my mouth feels a lot better and I am starting to get used to my braces, so thanks for all the prayers!






No comments:

Post a Comment