Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Summertime Once Again

I cannot believe it is summertime once again! Savannah's Kindergarten year went by so fast! Looking back I remember taking her to school on her first day.  We found her seat and her name neatly printed on her name tag.  There were so many little boys and girls that we did not know and thank goodness there were a few familiar faces too.  Leaving her with a couple of friends made me feel much better.
I became a volunteer for "Workshop", which meant I would go to the classroom every Tuesday for a couple of hours to help the students and then help her teacher with cutting, stapling, or whatever needed to be done that day.  Those not so familiar faces became children that I looked forward to seeing and cheering on as they would sound out words that were once foreign to them.  Oh, the joys of being a Kindergartner.  They sure do learn a lot and soar in their academics! Savannah's teacher was always so great with the kids! They loved her because she made learning FUN!
I also remember the first time I sat down with her to go over her "sight words".  She is now reading like a Pro and loves to find books she can read.
She has grown up so much this year and there are days I find myself just looking at her and admiring the beautiful little girl she has become.  When she catches me staring at her she looks and me with that "13 year old attitude" and says,"What?".  I am just so proud of her and I find myself realizing just how quickly they really do grow up!


I am excited for summer.  This summer I want to cherish the time we have to sleep in a little and then rest at the pool while the girls play with friends, take the girls to their first ever Gymnastics classes, have morning school time with the girls so they don't forget all that they have learned this year, attend VBS at our church, vacation with my sisters and parents and stay up late with the girls star gazing with Savannah's Telescope.  I also want to dive deeper into the Words of the Lord. He is so good to us, so faithful, and our ever loving Provider. I want to remind myself everyday what He says in Psalm 84:11 "For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."  I pray you have a wonderful Summer and remember to cherish the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment