Tuesday, August 7, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten!

Our first born SK started Kindergarten today! I can't believe it! I still remember the day she was born and can't believe it has almost been six years! Kindergarten seems like such a huge step.   I still remember my Kindergarten teacher and how sweet she was.  I remember swinging on the swings at recess and I still remember what the classroom looked like.  I was fortunate to attend a small Christian school and never walked in the doors of a public school until I took a Driver's ed. course my sophomore year.  Some people, like my husband, say that I grew up in a "bubble" and I am okay with that.

Back to Kindergarten...She had a great day and was smiling and talking to a friend when we left her classroom. There seem to be a lot of little girls in her class and three of which she knew already! It is always nice to have a friend in a new place. When she got off the bus we asked her what her favorite part of the day was and her response was, "Riding the bus!". The best part is that the bus drops her off and picks her up at our driveway.  That makes a nervous mom very happy!  I am so excited for her and pray that she has a great first year and excels in her academics as she shines brightly for Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment